At TYH Air Duct Cleaning, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy indoor environment for you and your loved ones. That’s why we offer comprehensive air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and chimney cleaning services to ensure your home is free from harmful contaminants and functioning at its peak efficiency.
Dryer vent cleaning faq
Dryer vent cleaning is a process of removing lint and other debris from the dryer vent duct. This helps to prevent dryer fires and improve the efficiency of your dryer.
Dryer vents are designed to expel lint and moisture away from your home, but over time lint can build up and cause a fire. In fact, dryer fires are the second leading cause of home fires. Additionally, clogged dryer vents can reduce the efficiency of your dryer, causing it to take longer to dry clothes and use more energy.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends cleaning your dryer vent every 3-4 months. However, you may need to clean it more often if you have a high-lint load, such as towels or pet bedding. You should also clean your dryer vent if you notice any of the following signs:
- Excessive lint in your dryer trap
- Poor drying performance
- Unusual odors from your dryer
- Burning smell when your dryer is running
Standard dryer vent cleaning typically costs between $50 and $100. The cost will depend on the length and complexity of your dryer vent. If thedryer vent cleaning hasn’t been done in a long time, it may cost much more.
There are several things you can do to maintain your dryer vent and prevent future clogs:
- Regularly inspect your dryer vent for damage or obstructions.
- Clean your dryer lint trap after every use and empty it into the trash, not down the drain.
- Use a lint trap filter to capture more lint and reduce the risk of clogs.
- Keep your dryer exhaust duct clear of obstructions.
- Consider installing a dryer vent safety switch, which will automatically turn off the dryer if the vent becomes blocked.
- Have a professional air duct cleaning technician clean your duct annually.